Thank you for choosing Scott Brown Properties to help you find your next home.
We are excited about the opportunity to work with you. Scott Brown Properties represents individual owners and investors. The owner of the property may make the final decision in regards to approval of your application.
We are delighted that you are interested in leasing with our community. We have listed below the criteria for qualifying as a resident with us*
1. Each adult (18 years and older) must complete an application. All persons 18 or older in the apartment must be lease signers.
2. Employment and monthly income must be verifiable. Total monthly gross income of all applicants must be (2.5) times the monthly market rent. Applicants who do not have sufficient income may qualify by having the lease guaranteed by a Guarantor. The Guarantor must have a gross monthly income of at least (3) times the monthly market rent and must meet all other qualifying criteria.
3. Applicant must have minimum of (6) months of current verifiable employment. Prior employment verification required if on current job less than (6) months. School will be accepted as an alternative to employment history with student documentation. If applicant is starting a new job, the future position and salary must be verified in writing on company letter head and effective on or before the proposed move-in date.
4. Applicant must have a minimum of (6) consecutive months of verifiable resident rental history with in (2) years. Less than (6) months of rental history may result in an additional deposit required. Applicants who are first-time renters will require an additional deposit or have the lease guaranteed by a Guarantor. First time renters must have verifiable income and good credit. Any housing debt is grounds for denial.
5. All persons residing in the home must be listed on the TAR/TAA Rental Application.
6. CREDIT HISTORY: Each applicant is screened through a third party verification company. Applicants may not have poor reflections on their credit report within the past twenty-four months. Medical bills will not be taken into account.
b. Negative rental history within the past (12) months including but not limited to non-payment or frequent late payment of rent, unpaid debt, eviction, drug use, poor housekeeping or violence to persons or property.
7. CRIMINAL HISTORY: A criminal background report for each applicant is screened through a third party service for approval recommendation. Criminal history which indicates that an applicant’s tenancy would constitute a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals or whose tenancy could result in substantial physical damage to the property of owner or others will result in rejection of the application.
- Recommend Denial for felony or misdemeanor offenses, regardless of the date of conviction or other adjudication of the offense for murder, assault, sexual offenses or other crimes against persons.
- Recommend Approval for felony offenses, for theft of property, damage to property, drug violation and weapons if occurred prior to (10) years from the completion of the sentences.
- Recommended Approval for misdemeanor offenses for theft of property, damage to property, drug violation and weapons if occurred prior to (7) years from the completion of the sentences.
8. INTERNATIONAL RENTAL CRITERIA: Non-U.S. Citizens are welcome to apply. A Supplemental Rental Application for Non-U.S. Citizens must be completed and one of the following must be provided for identity verification purposes only: 1) Form I-551 Permanent Resident Card, 2) Form I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status, 3) Form I-94 Arrival-Departure Record, 4) Other official U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services document, or 5) If you are waiting for replacement of one of the aforementioned forms, an official receipt from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services of your entitlement to a required form. If the form of documentation required does not include a photograph, additional identification is required in the form of a passport or other official identification from your country.
9. In accordance with the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act of 2003 (FACTA), all applicants must provide a government issued ID during the application process. Identification provided must match information provided in the rental application. If applicant has a “fraud alert” noted on their credit report the application will be denied until identity can be confirmed by our screening contractor using the contact method provided on the credit report.
Falsification of application by any applicant, incomplete applications by any applicant, insufficient income, and criminal conviction history of violent or sexual crimes or poor credit history will be grounds for denial.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or family status.
Please send proof of income (1 Month Paystubs) and copy of your ID to email@example.com
*Scott Brown properties has the right to deny any application if the following criteria are not met
Lease Guarantor Application
If you will need a guarantor or cosigner for your lease, you can find the lease guarantor application here. Applicants who need a guarantor are those who make less than 2.5 times the monthly rent. Applicants who require a guarantor or cosigner may be asked to pay an additional deposit or pay rent in advance.
Contact Scott Brown Properties
If you need any assistance in filling out your application, one of our agents will be more than happy to help you.
1400 Dallas Drive Denton, TX 76205
Monday – Friday
9:00 am – 5:30 pm
Phone: (940) 243-7368
Fax: (940) 483-8329